Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wednesday

Yesterday, the group had a little sit-down with Christoph Niemann, an illustrator who works on assignments from the New Yorker and the NY Times and other similarly important publications. He graciously invited us into his studio and talked to us a little bit about recent work and his creative process. Check out his Abstract Sunday blog here. He's kind of a big deal. Still, he was accessible and very relatable, and I think that's what makes him so funny.

Next, I struck out on my own and visited a writer's drop-in evening. We sat around drinking wine and talking in a room whose walls were covered in secondhand books. A punk-rocker from Leeds read us some beat poetry she had written, and an old Norwegian man shared a short story based on his father's life as a seaman. I don't know how we all ended up in the same cluttered little bookshop in Berlin on a clear Wednesday evening but I am thankful, thankful, thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment